Get help filing your taxes and earn money!
Tax time is an opportunity to get cash back for the contributions you make all year. Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is a government program created to help you maximize your filing refund. It’s YOUR money, and you deserve to receive all the refund dollars available to you.
You could earn between $232 and $2,879 on state taxes and between $519 and $6,431 on your federal taxes. Because there are no restrictions on how you use your refund, the cash is yours to spend however you need.
You Qualify for EITC if all of the following is true:
- You earned wages or were self employed in 2018
- You made $16,750 to $24,950 or less in 2018 (see this chart for specifics)
- You (and your spouse) have social security numbers
- You are not filing your taxes using the “married/RDP filing separately” filing status
- You’ve lived in California for more than half of 2018
How do you apply?
Whether you’re eligible for EITC or not, find help filing your taxes by checking out our collections of organizations that provide tax assistance:
Not sure how to find help in the collection? Here are step-by-step instructions for using One Degree collections.